Hair transplantation procedure can be considered as the process of shifting healthy hair from a thick area known as donor area to a thin area known as recipient area. The extraction and replanting process has to be carried out meticulously so that the result of hair transplant procedures look natural as if nothing has happened.
Due to sustainability and the natural looks the hair transplantation process is becoming very popular these days and hair transplant clinic has sprung up in every nook and corner of the country. The number of grafts involved in a transplanting process and the amount involved are two major causes that are important to the person undergoing the procedure. Let us examine them one by one
FUT hair transplant procedures are considered as the best treatment for the candidate who needs larger number of hair to be transplanted. In this process large number of transplanting is possible in a single session. A strip of tissue from the back of the head is removed in the hair transplant clinic. The follicles of hair from this strip are dissected using special microscopes. These separated hair follicles are transplanted immediately. Some important factors which determine the success of FUT are explained below
- Is the dissection of hair follicles carried out using microscopes with 20X modification factor?
- Is the knife used by the surgeon is a single bladed one?
- Are the technicians well versed in the procedure?
- Does the process make use of more than one microscope?
FUE (Follicular unit extraction)
In this procedure follicular units from the donor area are plucked out one by one. This is a very slow and time consuming task. A motorized mechanical punch is used for this purpose. As this is a slow process, if the amount of hair to be transplanted is large, then it may take more than one day for completing the process. The factors that determine the cost of the procedure are detailed below.
- As this is a time consuming one, the cost may go higher. It is calculated based on the number of transplants to be carried out.
- The country where the transplantation takes place also plays a crucial role in the cost of the procedure.
- The experience and expertise of the surgeon plays a very important role in fixing the cost of the procedure.
In short, one can say that the hair restoration in hair transplantation clinic cost is dependent upon the number of grafts needed for covering the bald portion, the number of devices used etc. And it is also dependent upon the expertise and experience of the surgeon carrying out the process.